Wednesday, January 11, 2012

La Tequila


Our table was on the open-air top level, with some nice views of the city. 
Ever since we've gotten to the city, I've started compiling a bucket list of all the cool places and restaurants I want to check out while we're here. Needless to say, I was pretty excited when Danny got back from class and announced that a big group were meeting at La Tequila, one of the places I'd been wanting to try, for Caroline's birthday. She is one of the two girls in his program who are here in GDL and she organized a big dinner to celebrate. We took a taxi and met everyone there at 8:30. The restaurant is enormous with three levels and a large wall full of tequila bottles when you first walk in the door. The place is very chic, very hip and pretty touristy, but perfect for a big group (they even had menus in English, a sure sign that the place is tourist-friendly). Dinner was excellent and we split the chalupas and the lamb tacos (again with the lamb). I had a couple Palomas, which is a common drink here involving, reposado tequila, lime juice, and grapefruit soda. Pretty tasty and makes me feel less like a Gringa than when I order my usual diet coke & vodka.
In front of the tequila wall. The security guy at the door offered to take it for me.
After dinner, we headed to a bar near Minerva, called Black & Blue, also multiple levels with sort of a New York City theme. Here, we proceeded to order and finish an entire bottle of Don Julio tequila (I'm starting to see a pattern here.)

Hasta la proxima!!


No comments:

Post a Comment