Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Festival Internacional de Cine


Last week, Guadalajara played host to an international film festival at several different venues throughout the city. It lasted an entire week and I was determined to attend, so I was really excited when my spanish teacher, Luz, told us about a cool American movie that was playing. The movie is called "Mariachi Gringo" and the majority of it was filmed in Guadalajara. Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjXdxj4_b3I. Danny and I saw the movie last Thursday at Cinepolis and felt like it portrayed the city and Gringo experience in Mexico fairly accurately. We left the theatre humming the music and feeling pretty proud of our adopted city. We will defintely be purchasing it on DVD ASAP. Here's a picture of me at Cinepolis before the movie:
They were giving out little paper glasses that looked like the promotional poster with the green chile. Cool.

It's getting to be quite warm here during the day (especially on a crowded bus). The mornings are still a little cool, but around mid-day the sun is almost unbearable. I've noticed that Mexicans are experts (whether knowingly or not) at finding the most shady spots. The cool seats on the bus are always the first to go and the shaded side of the street is always the more popular. I feel bad complaining when I see pictures of people on Facebook with their houses buried in snow, but sometimes the heat is too much. Oh well, maybe another trip to the beach is in order? Quien sabes?

Hasta la proxima!




No comments:

Post a Comment